Nike tech is often expensive due to several factors, including:
- Research and Development: Nike invests heavily in research and development to create cutting-edge technologies for their athletic footwear and apparel, resulting in higher production costs.
- Innovative Materials: They use advanced, proprietary materials that enhance performance and comfort but are costly to produce.
- Marketing and Branding: Nike’s strong brand image and marketing efforts contribute to higher pricing, as consumers are willing to pay a premium for the perceived quality and status associated with the brand.
- Limited Editions and Collaborations: Exclusive and limited edition releases, as well as collaborations with designers or athletes, can drive up prices due to their uniqueness and collectible value.
- Quality Control: Nike maintains strict quality control standards, ensuring durability and performance, which can increase production costs.
- Celebrity Endorsements: Endorsements by high-profile athletes and celebrities can lead to higher prices as part of the cost of associating with these influential figures.
- Retail Markup: Retailers may also add their own markup on Nike products, further increasing the final price consumers pay.
These factors combined contribute to the premium pricing of Nike tech products.
Is the Nike Tech Fleece worth the money? (new season)
This is a question I frequently see. and it is a hard question to answer because a lot of it is opinion-based.
Let’s first talk about the changes in this tracksuit from the season before. With this new season of tech fleece, there are numerous new features.
There is a line going across the chest; on most hoodies, it is black, but on some, it is white or gray. This is a bit like the season before last season. Another new feature is that there is a zip pocket on one of the arms. I personally think it looks good, but that is up to opinion.
The zip on the trousers is further back (so closer to your back), but this isn’t a huge change. Another thing I noticed is that the zip design is different; the zips are thicker and will stay tied up more.
Enough with the changes; let’s talk about whether this is worth the money. (£170-£200)
We’ll start with how it looks. With Nike Tech Fleece, it’s going to fit on the body quite well, although I must quickly add that the hoodies come really baggy, so I would recommend going a size down.
A thing I notice about the tech fleece is that it can make your shoulders stand out from how it fits, so that’s a good thing. I also think the hood is the perfect size—not too tight or too big. A thing I like about the tech fleece hoodie is that it can look good in different ways.
What I mean by this is that if the hoodie is zipped up all the way, it will look good as it has a nice-looking hood that is flaunted well when zipped up; if the zip is half way down or all the way down (if you have a nice t-shirt you want to show off), it will look more casual; and I think it looks really nice as it’s a more subtle kind of look; I think it goes really well with a white T-shirt.
One little complaint I would have is that the arms are fitted quite weirdly; even a size down, it feels quite baggy around the arms.
Now with the trousers, theirs no doubt these are nice-looking trousers. These trousers can go with a lot of things, they fit well, they have a clean design, and they always will. You cant really go wrong with the trousers.
What about colors? The beauty of this new season is the range of colors that have been released. I personally went for Navy, Dark Green, and Dark Red.
I did this because I already have grey, black, and blue from other seasons, and I wanted to change it up a bit. Grey and black will always be popular, and they will always look nice, hence why they get sold out so quickly. But with this new season, there are a range of colors you can choose from.
If you want to go for a more casual, clean look, I’d choose from grey (there are two grey options you could go for), black (two options to choose from), and navy.
Then you get other color ways that are more standout, like dark blue, dark green, dark red, and dark green. And then there are color ways that really stand out and are bright colors, like the light blue (which I think is really nice), red, white, and yellow. I would go for these if you want to go for a different look.
Let’s now talk about comfortability and durability. Now, I would be lying if I said these aren’t really comfortable. Nike tech fleece has double-sided spacer fabric, so when it’s cold, it will keep you warm, and I found that even when it’s cooler, it doesn’t ever really get too hot.
When it rains, it should keep you dry, and the hood is reliable to keep your head warm and dry. Another thing I love about the Nike Tech Fleece is how much you are able to move. There are no restrictions on movement, so this would be good for running or any physical activity.
With durability, this will last for years, and I can vouch for this. I owned a tech fleece tracksuit for about 3–4 years, and I still wear it regularly.
That was another season, so I imagine they will have better materials, etc., and it will last. Another thing before I move on: I know this isn’t related to what this paragraph is about, but it’s worth mentioning the pockets.
The pockets are super secure, even the ones without a zip on the trousers, and deep, and they will keep your possessions nice and close to you.
Therese a zip pocket on the trousers too, which is handy if you have valuable possessions; there is also a pocket on the arm; the pockets on the hoodie (what most hoodies have) can be reliable too, as when you put stuff in there, it goes right to the end of the pocket and sinks in.
I also noticed on the inside of the hoodie there was almost an inside pocket; im not sure if it was intended for that or not, but i found it helpful for putting larger things in there.
Let’s talk about the demand for the product. On the Nike store, some colors have already sold out in most sizes, so it’s evident this is a big product a lot of people want. Here in the UK, they are very popular; celebrities wear them; rappers wear them; I’ve even seen it common in America; people such as Drake, Lil Durk, and NBA Youngboy have worn them. The demand is probably a reason why it is quite expensive.
So everything I talked about comes down to one thing: is it worth the price?
Personally, I think it should be a bit cheaper, as before, Nike Tech Fleece Seasons haven’t been that expensive. but I definitely think it is worth getting; they look good, they are durable, and they are comfortable.
If you are thinking of getting one, I recommend you do it as soon as you can, as they run out of stock quite quickly.
If you have one, what are your opinions? Do you like them? Do you think they are worth the money?
If you have read this, thank you. Feedback would be appreciated. Join this subreddit for posts purely about Nike Tech Fleece.
Anyone who thinks Nike tech fleece is “drip” has absolutely no style.
I don’t have to shop hard to find them. I’m so comfortable and familiar with Nike sizing that I can get exactly what works for me with little to no thought necessary.
They are comfortable and practical with the zip-in stash pocket. No one questions Nike. It’s a timeless design with practical real-world reliability and minimal acquisition labor on my end.
Accessibility and acceptance = high demand = higher cost for an equal product vs. competition.
Better options exist, but you finding out and seeking out what those are is what creates levels in fashion and design.
Read more : What’s nike tech
Why do people buy expensive sweat(pants,shirts etc)?
For those who have purchased these before, what made you decide to buy them? Are they that comfortable for you?
I just learned about Vetements, where a hoodie costs $1000+! And I see sweatpants for $200+ from other brands.
I cannot speak for much since I have a pair of Nike Tech Fleece sweatpants and they’re amazing, but I usually buy them when they’re discounted at $50 or something, but I still would love to know your thoughts.
Pros of Nike Tech Products:
- Sustainability: Nike Tech products are known for their sustainability, reflecting the company’s commitment to environmental responsibility.
- High Quality: These products are of high quality, which means they are durable and built to last, providing good value for your money.
- Stylish Color Combinations: Nike Tech products offer a wide range of beautiful color combinations, ensuring that there’s something for everyone’s aesthetic preferences.
- Comfort and Warmth: The use of double-sided jersey material with a soft, brushed fleece on the inside provides warmth and comfort without adding excessive weight or bulk.
- Ergonomic Design: Nike Tech products incorporate ergonomic seams, articulated sleeves, and other design elements that enhance mobility and fit, making them suitable for athletes and those seeking athletic fashion.
- Versatility: Nike Tech offers a broad range of products, including hoodies, sweatpants, shorts, jackets, and more, catering to various needs and styles.
- Performance and Style: Nike Tech combines functionality with fashion, making it a preferred choice for athletes and streetwear enthusiasts who want to perform well while looking stylish.
- Innovative Design: Nike Tech products draw inspiration from iconic designs like the Windrunner jacket, providing a blend of classic and modern aesthetics.
- Layering Capability: The products are designed to be comfortable for layering, allowing for versatility in different weather conditions.
- Adjustability: Features like the scuba hood and zippered hand pockets provide flexibility in adjusting your style and coverage.
Cons of Nike Tech Products:
- Price: Nike Tech products tend to be on the higher end of the price spectrum, which may not be affordable for everyone.
- Limited Availability: Depending on your location, you may find that some Nike Tech products are not readily available, making it challenging to purchase them.
- Style Preference: While many people appreciate the style of Nike Tech products, others may prefer different aesthetics, and these products might not be to everyone’s taste.
- Maintenance: The double-sided jersey material may require special care during washing and maintenance to preserve the quality and appearance of the products.
- Brand Loyalty: Some consumers might prefer other brands over Nike, leading to a bias against choosing Nike Tech products.
In summary, Nike Tech products offer numerous benefits, including sustainability, quality, style, and functionality. However, they come with a higher price point and may not appeal to those with different style preferences or brand loyalties.